Whenever I think of Tita Nina, I am reminded of the Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1-9). My Dad used to tell me that every waking moment, Tita Nina was on social media. Indeed, Facebook would not be complete without her posts - words from the Bible, prayers, religious articles, religious songs, greetings to family and friends celebrating their special occasions, etc. Our clan's Facebook page is replete of her posts. She was the PR person of the clan!
All of that came to a sudden halt yesterday.
After been in hospital for a few weeks, she passed away leaving her husband Tito Nello; children Krista, Tara, Tony, and PV; and grandsons Tony and Lazarus. Her death came as a shock; the clan has not yet recovered from the death of Tito Alex, his older brother, who passed away exactly 11 months ago today.
It is remarkable that despite being ill, she continued sowing those words of wisdom, inspiration, and love in Facebook. The last time I communicated with her (27th February), she told me that she was getting better, but she was taking it really slow. She did appreciate the videos I shared with her on the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament shown live in the Poor Clare Monastery in our parish. Before she passed away, she still managed to have five posts! One of the posts was a song in YouTube. The song's title is "Psalm 31:Father, Into Your Hands I Commend My Spirit". This were Jesus' last words on the Cross before "He breathed His last" (Luke 23:46).
Going back to the Parable of the Sower, I could identify Tita Nina as the sower. She sowed the seeds of faith, hope, and love through social media regardless if we ignore them outright, receive them initially with joy but have not nurtured them, receive them but got distracted by something else, or perhaps receive and treasure them.
Thoughtful, sweet, devout. Those are the three qualities I remember of Tita Nina. In her memory, let us allow the seeds she has sown in our hearts to grow. Let us nurture them so we could be sowers who will share the same seeds with others.
Tita Nina, thank you for being you. Despite what you went through you continued to be in touch with family and friends, affirming us in faith, hope, and love. Go forth now in God's kingdom where there is no more sickness, but healing; no more pain, but comfort; no more darkness, but light; no more sadness, but happiness; no more loneliness, but the ever abiding presence of God on whom you commended your spirit. Rest in peace, Tita Nina. We love you!

1 comment:
Beautiful, thanks Piet!
Post a Comment