Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Rosary with Chiara


In observance of Rosary month, we have been reciting the Rosary at home. On certain evenings, we join our Rosary Group's recitation in selected homes.

There have been certain nights that it's only me and Chiara saying the Rosary as Nidz is on night duty.  While praying the Rosary with my daughter, I have to briefly explain to her each of the mysteries.  I try my best to be creative when saying the mysteries. For example, instead of just saying "The first Sorrowful Mystery is the Agony in the Garden", I say "The first Sorrowful Mystery, Jesus agonized in the Garden".  Listening to stories on how Jesus was born, or died on the cross, or rose from the dead she would express surprise, shock, or wonder. She would constantly ask "Why?". Rather than be irked at her curiosity, I would patiently and enthusiastically explain the mystery to her.  Having this conversation with my daughter made me rediscover my faith.  It brought me back to the time that I was a child again, of being taught how to say this beautiful devotion and being introduced to its various mysteries. 

As the little girl was gradually introduced to the devotion, she got keen to be the leader, saying a number of prayers such as the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory.  At the close of the Rosary, we sing Salve Regina.  I am pleased that she can already sing this song in spite of her tender age (I learned to sing it at 11/12 years old!). She may not yet utter some of the lyrics and prayers properly, but with guidance and encouragement she will be able to do it well soon.

For me, it is good to pray the Rosary with a child. I cannot rush saying the Hail Marys. I am yanked out of my comfort zone to pause and think. By doing so, I can relate with the mysteries. I can relate with God. 







1 comment:

Mario V Albano said...

Wonderful way to plant seeds of faith, via the mysteries of the Holy Rosary!

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP