It was a tiresome and depressing week at the start of this month. Blame it on the weather - most parts of the UK including Nottingham were covered in snow! Though it would be postcard-like, you would hate the snow when you're travelling especially when all that white substance turns like Slurpy, that icy refreshment you like to buy in the 711, although not in attractive hues.
I really have to keep my ears on the radio for the weather forecast. I normally do shopping on a Friday, but have to do it 2 days earlier. True enough, the snow poured in Thursday morning. As I kissed my wife before reporting for work that day, she told me not to go, but I insisted. While travelling on a rather snail-paced mode, I got remorseful. Still, I chose to keep on going. I managed to reach the university - 1 hour and a couple of minutes later as though coming from Cavite to Tondo. In a few hours, we got an announcement that we could leave at 3pm. Travelling back home was much better!
When I reached home, I was full of stories to my wife and to our baby (who keeps on looking at me while being carried by her mother and then suddenly smiles as though she understands what I was saying). Still, I felt something heavy in me in spite me talking. I'm not having a heart attack, though! I really needed to unload myself!
I approached Nidz and Chiara and gave them a big family hug!
That did the trick! A very personal touch that speaks louder and clearer than my moans and rantings. A touch that stands on its own.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment