Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Agua Por Favor!

It has been a wet July in the UK this year. To think it's Summer - a time to shed off those coats and umbrellas, a period to wear those sandals, shorts, and sunglasses, an occasion to be full of life basking in the sun!

Last week was quite rainy in most parts of this country with a number of places south of England submerged in water.

Thank God they almost stopped. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wedsnesday were all sunny! But as I write this, the sun seems to be in hiding...again!

I hope the rain will go elsewhere. Philippines please!

***


I could hardly believe what I am hearing. It should be a wet season now at home, but there's no rain. The usual scenario of water rationing, water levels in the dams are at their critical points, etc are back in the fore.

We used to complain of floods because of deforestation. Now we moan again as trees are nowhere in sight, trees whose roots would have absorbed and stored rain water and release this when it's needed.

Total logging ban anyone?

***


Cardinal Rosales asks people to pray for rain, the way the his predecessor enjoined the faithful to pray in order to spared from SARS.

If people who have responsibility to prevent such a scenario have failed us, we fully believe that God won't!

I'm one with you in praying for rain (and for everything good for our country)!

***


Congratulations to Msgr Francis de Leon who has been named Auxiliary Bishop of Antipolo. Msgr de Leon was one of our resource persons for a video presentation in honor of Fr Nestor Gungon. We were actually referred to him by Msgr Mario Enriquez when we interviewed him for this project. From neighboring San Felipe Neri Parish (where Msgr Mar is assigned) we went straight to the Divine Mercy Archdiocesan Shrine in the hope that we can make an ambush interview. When I spoke to him over the phone, he asked me if we need to interview him at once. I told him, "I hope you won't mind, Monsignor." He declined to be interviewed, but told us to get back later that night which we did. He gave a very inspiring testimony to Fr Gungon. I hope and pray that Msgr de Leon would fully support Bishop Gabby Reyes in shepherding the flock in Antipolo.

Greetings too for Prof Christina Binag, PhD who has been appointed Acting Director of the UST Research Center for the Natural Sciences (RCNS). Ma'am Tina used to be my colleague and lecturer.

Well done to Prof Maribel Nonato, PhD who steered the RCNS to its rightful direction for the past 7 years.

***


Happy, happy, happy birthday to Rommel Viray on the 5th of August. I'm proud to have you as my friend and colleague!

No comments:

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP