The alarm clock went off, signalling the start of a brand new day. Waking up these past few months - from late spring onto summer - is bliss. The sun, for most of the time, is already up. The birds are chirping in praise of the Creator. Sometimes, I could hear the little toddler across the street babbling happily. Rising from bed, I thank the good Lord for a new beginning and a renewed mission, and utter Keep me faithful, just for today.
Downstairs, as I open the blinds in the kitchen and the drapes in the living room, I sing in my head a la Easter Vigil rites Lumen Christi. Deo gratias. (Light of Christ. Thanks be to God).
And as I open the windows, I tell myself what the Risen Lord breathed into His disciples that first Easter Sunday: Receive the Holy Spirit (John 20:22).
As I get on through the day, be it at home, work, or community, I keep on saying these three mantras. They serve as my compass. They keep me calm and positive. When I face some challenges, feel drained or stressed out, or clueless, I think of these three. Otherwise, if I have no faith then I would have just given up at the sight of what seems to be a mountain of trials when it's just a heap of tests. If I have not walked in the light of Christ, then I would lose focus and stumble. When I am not open to the Holy Spirit nor listening to His promptings, I would fall trap to other voices pretending to be His.
Faith, light of Christ, Holy Spirit. Three important mantras to start the day, to keep you going throughout the day, to see you through and put you to a good night's sleep at the end of the day.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:
Post a Comment