It's been a year since we moved to our present house. As Christmas draws near and the year about to end, I couldn't help but count this house as one of God's blessings to Nidz and I. During that time, my application for British citizenship got approved too. So I asked myself, what else would God give me? Not for long, we discoved that we're having a baby and finally she came!
Having these in mind, I suddenly recalled one of the songs being interpreted by the couple acting as Joseph and Mary in the traditional Maytinis/Panunuluyan in Kawit, Cavite and in San Diego, California (where this video was taken last year) which goes like this:
O Hari ng buong ligaya ng langit
Ginhawa ng madlang nagdadalang sakit
Sa mga awa Mo amin ding nasapit
Ang tirahang ito, pita namin at nais.
Kami'y walang dilang ipagpasalamat
Sa mga biyaya na aming natanggap
Sa mga kamay Mo, purihing ganap
Ng mga angheles ang Haring Mataas!
(O King of heaven's perfect happiness
Consolation of Your suff'ring people
In Your mercy we have finally reached
This haven, so much sought for and desired.
Words cannot express how grateful we are
For the graces You have lavished on us
In Your hands all praise be truly offered
By all the angels to the Most High King!)
Though it's officially a song for that festive celebration, I think it's an appropriate prayer for the home - be it arriving for it the first or the nth time. I guess one of the places that will definitely welcome Christmas is our houses (bahay) and more so our homes (tahanan). As we are getting ready for this blessed season, let us be thankful for the blessings that passed through our doors and welcome those that are on their way. Let us also see these blessings as something or someone to be shared with. Let us invoke the Lord's grace on our houses and homes as we bid the old year adieu and usher in the new.
No comments:
Post a Comment