Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Appeals

It was sixteen years ago when I set foot at the University of Santo Tomas (UST) to apply for an entrance exam. A few months later (after graduating from high school, that is!), I came back to enrol. After obtaining my degree and spending a year in a warehousing company, I decided to come back to my Alma Mater as a faculty member.

I have had good memories of UST. For me, it has been an excellent university. But I was shocked at the news that the Vice Grand Chancellor, Rector, Vice-Rector have all resigned after the Master of the Order discovered an "objective disobedience" committed by the management when it decided to separate the hospital from the university. In the eyes of many, it would seem that UST wants to commercialize the hospital which, according to the Master was not in accordance with Canon Law. Fr Rolando de la Rosa, who was rector when I was a student and later a teacher, was appointed acting rector.

There have been many comments already said, some to the point of branding the three priests as corrupt. I won't tread the same line. I just hope and pray that the changes that have been made would help UST rise and move on from this crisis through the able leadership of Fr Roland.

May the Blessed Virgin, Our Lady of La Naval, continue to intercede for UST who has always considered her its patroness.

***


One thing that I would miss this October is the annual La Naval de Manila festivities in Santo Domingo Church, Quezon City. Last Thursday, the Novena to Our Lady began. This year is very special for it marks the centennial of the canonical coronation of the renowned image of Mary and the Child Jesus.

If any of you could make it to her feast on 14 October, would you mind remembering devotees like me who are far away?

Regina Sacratissimi Rosarii, ora pro nobis!

***


Many, many thanks dear readers for your unrelenting support to us at anluwage.com through the years.

We couldn't have made it without you!

Once again, as Editor-in-Chief, I would like to make an appeal for more writers out there to join us in our apostolate. There is no pay, but the annual leave in the Kingdom is without limit!

No comments:

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP