In my last two visits to the Philippines I was blessed to have attended the so-called "Mass without a Priest" at the St Vincent Chapel in Agnonoc, Magdiwang, Romblon. This celebration includes the Mass Readings, a reflection being shared by the lay minister, Profession of Faith, Prayer of the Faithful, Lord's Prayer, Communion, etc.
Last year I had the chance to do the Second Reading. The liturgy was in Filipino and I somewhat struggled enunciating some Filipino terms.
I am really fascinated with the dedication of these lay ministers as well as the people's fervor.
The Holy Spirit is truly at work!
Pentecost, which we celebrate this Sunday, marks the coming of the Holy Spirit. As the Spirit came down on the apostles, so the Church was born. Have you ever thought what would be your present to the Church on her birthday?
Fifteen years ago, a band of young people gave the Church - at least in Gagalangin - a gift: a newsletter and theater group. In its new and challenging form, Anluwage continues to offer its gift to the Church, serving a broader base than ever.
I know I have said this for many times already, but I dare say it again. If you believe that you have the talent or at least a desire to hone that talent to communicate/write, Anluwage.com might be the venue for you to utilize that talent...for the glory of God and the good of His people.
Think about it. Pray over it. Let the Holy Spirit work through you!
No comments:
Post a Comment