Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Last Minute Appeal

It's almost Election Day. For those who have the privilege of casting their votes, the nagging question is, "Is that your final answer?". If so, another question pops out: "Are you sure of your answer?" And, (I sound like a professor grilling a student defending his thesis)"What if you voted for someone who won't do any good for the country?"

I will surely miss the excitement and challenges that are part of every Philppine elections. I used to participate in the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPC-RV). I have been a watcher too of a political party. All I can say now is that whatever the results of the election on Monday will greatly depend in your hands, ladies and gentlemen. As a pilot once advised, "Think. Anticipate. Move." Let me just add one more thing (and this is to be done before you move): Pray.

My late grandparents used to sing "Salve Regina" every May after their daily Mass attendance in St Rita Hospital. As country begins a new chapter, let's call on our Blessed Mother to guide us, especially all voters, so we can do our best for our mother country.

***


It will be Mothers' Day on Sunday. Apart from expressing our thanks and love to our own mothers, why don't we make this a special day for Inang Pilipinas? Instead of becoming her 'sakit ng ulo' why don't we become a remedy to the problems besetting her? We can start with the election!

***


One of the greatest blessings I will always count is to have a wonderful and loving Mother. I thank God that we were reunited last Christmas. Mama was my first teacher. One of the lessons she taught me was to write, not just the simple ABCs but to write letters to my father and other relatives abroad. I was told that relatives adored me for how I wrote. They should have adored Mama instead!

God bless you Mama!God bless you all, dear mothers! You have been a blessing to us your children (and grandchildren)!

No comments:

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP